Thursday, March 29, 2012

BE#25: Taking A Step Backward (Mar 26)


Salut!!

     We were required to watch a dance show for my PE class. Here’s what I think.

        Dancing is a part of everyone in some way. It is a part of me. I may not be good at it but I have always been a fan of great dancers no matter what type of dance it may be. So for me, watching this dance series is not a requirement but hence, an entertaining show I wouldn’t dare to miss.

I cannot think of anything negative to say about this performance. It was educational, amazing, fantastic, and most importantly, entertaining. The dancers blew the whole audience away. Not literally, of course. They were outstanding. They made every moment worth watching. They were incredible.

Before and after every segment, there were speakers lecturing us about the benefits of dancing and the different types of dances. But there was one type of dance that made the whole audience open their mouths while dancing. I believe that this dance also received the loudest applause compared to all those dances. It was the “Salidsid” or most commonly referred to as “Banga”.

The Salidsid/Banga dance was amazing beyond compare. Every single second of their dance, I was biting my nails because it was intense. I was so hooked to what they were doing I actually didn’t want to blink so that I could see every single thing that they did. The second part that caught my eye was the Tinikling. Not only did they perform flawlessly, they also interacted with the audience by asking for volunteers to do the Tinikling themselves. For me, audience interaction and connection is very important in all types or kinds of performances.

         I personally believe that the success of a show can be measured by how the audience would react after the performances. And for this show, I believe that the show was outstanding and it was indeed a success.
That’s it for now!
Merci beaucoup, Au revoir,


Carl             

No comments:

Post a Comment