Thursday, March 29, 2012

BE#12: Imagine (Feb 15)


Salut!!

     Imagine is the title of the world renowned song popularized by John Lennon. It is the perfect song to describe how we should view life. It also sends us a message that we should always hope for a better tomorrow and that we should do our best to unite and love one another. One way of showing it is by serving or helping our younger brothers and sisters who are in need.

     A 3-hour medical and dental mission is conducted every Sunday from 9am to 12nn in a clinic inside the vicinity of the church in my village (Multinational Village). Our Lady of the Most Holy Rosary is the name of our church and they call the clinic there “Avignone Clinic”.

     The clinic is named after the place where Father Hannibal Mary Di Francia began his mission of serving the poor. He saw hope for the desolate and the faith that must be restored. This clinic is therefore dedicated to the noble work that Father Hannibal had begun.

     I decided to be a volunteer in this mission because I live in the same village as them so I want to know how I can be of help to my neighbors. I want to be a part of their journey to a better life. I want to know more about the present condition of the people who live near me and I think this medical mission is a great tool for me to achieve this goal of mine.

     Together with all the volunteers who really devote their time into helping the indigenous people, our medical mission was a success! It is indeed a very fulfilling mission and I really felt so happy that this is an understatement.

     Participating in a program like this made me realize a lot of things about life. How lucky I am compared to them not only financially but also with regards to health. The volunteers who devoted their time and effort in helping in this mission made me realize that there is really something special about the experience of being able to help others without expecting anything in return.

     I learned a lot of things in a short period of time and like Ate Luanne at first, I thought that this mission might be actually a bit boring but after this experience I might actually volunteer again next time because it really does feel good to be able to help and serve those who are in need. This experience made me understand the people around me a little more and I hope another chance like this happens again. Hearing thank you’s from people like them has never felt this good.

That's all for now!

Merci beaucoup, Au revoir,


Carl               `

No comments:

Post a Comment