Thursday, March 29, 2012

BE#23: Life As I View It (Mar 21)


Salut!!

I have always loved going on outreaches back when I was still in high school. It has always made me feel something unexplainable in my heart but that surely was very worth my time.

        For my NSTP, I chose CWTS mainly because I would want to share what I have with others. DLSU has given me this wonderful opportunity of continuing what I love to do.

My CWTS class was assigned in 1K1 Kasiglahan Village in Rodriguez, Rizal. We were divided into two groups: Tutorial and Waste Management / Ukay-ukay. I was part of the tutorial team. I, together with my two classmates, was assigned to Grade 6 students.

When we first arrived for our very first tutorial day, I must admit that I was a bit disappointed since only a few of my expected students came. As the weeks passed, I grew attached to them. Every week, I look forward to the knowledge I can share with them. As a child, I was used to having boys as my playmates so I think that was also a factor on why I was deeply attached to my Grade 6 tutees there.

I think it was around the 5th week after I finished teaching them Mathematics and made them answer exercises, one of my students told me that they feel good when they learn and that they learned the most from us. I felt like I was about to reach nirvana when I heard it! Haha. Kidding aside, after he told me that, he actually asked me to give them assignments because they feel good when they study and so I did.

That experience is surely just one of the many things I’ve learned from NSTP. The feeling is just priceless. I will not hesitate on doing such again if given a chance and if I have time.

That’s it for now!
Merci beaucoup, Au revoir,


Carl             

No comments:

Post a Comment